Tofu Chilli Pan Nachos
A big thanks to our friend Kelly Gibney for creating this great recipe for us.
- 1 medium brown onion – finely diced
- 1 stalk celery – finely diced
- 2 medium carrots – finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves – finely diced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 200g Portobello or Swiss brown mushrooms – diced
- 300g block Bean Supreme Firm Style Plain Tofu – grated
- 1 390g tin lentils – drained and rinsed
- ½ cup raw walnuts – roughly chopped (optional but recommended)
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- Generous pinch dried red chilli flakes
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- Olive oil for sautéing
- Heat a generous glug of oil in a sauté pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, celery and carrot.
- Cook, stirring frequently for 10 minutes until the onion is tender and translucent. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Add the cumin, ground coriander, paprika and diced mushrooms plus a generous pinch of salt. Sauté, stirring frequently, until the mushrooms are glossy and have released their liquid.
- Add the grated tofu, lentils and walnuts. Toss with the spices and veges for a minute or so before adding the tinned tomatoes, tomato paste, tamari and chilli flakes. Fill the tomato tin half full with water and add this also.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for 10 – 15 minutes until liquid is reduced and thickened.
- Taste and season as desired with sea salt, cracked black pepper or additional chilli.
- Can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days
- Tofu, mushroom and lentil chilli
- 180g corn chips
- 1 cup grated dairy free cheese
- ¼ red onion – finely diced
- 10 cherry tomatoes – quartered
- Sliced jalapenos, thinly sliced radish, guacamole and fresh coriander to top
Spread an ovenproof tray with corn chips. Top with big, generous spoonfuls of the tofu chilli mince. Sprinkle with handfuls of grated dairy free cheddar. Grill until bubbling hot. Top with the diced red onion, cherry tomatoes, jalapenos, radish and dollops of guacamole. Finish with a scattering of roughly chopped coriander. Serve immediately.