Tofu Satay Kebabs
This yummy recipe packs a big flavour punch and is very simple to throw together. Pair the tofu skewers and satay sauce with raw and steamed veges and a boiled egg to recreate an Indonesian gado gado salad. A fantastic weeknight meal.
A big thanks to our friend, Kelly Gibney for creating this great recipe for us.
- 1 packet Bean Supreme Plain Firm Tofu
- Satay sauce
- ½ cup crunchy peanut butter
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 1 rounded teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon brown or coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Dried chilli flakes to taste/
- Place all the satay sauce ingredients into a bowl and mix together until completely blended.
- Taste and add chilli flakes as desired. Add a splash of boiling water if it’s too thick.
- Cut into tofu into 2-3cm chunks. Place in a bowl and pour over 1/3 of the satay sauce. Make sure all the tofu is well coated. Allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes and up to 24 hours.
- Thread the tofu onto skewers and cook in a grill pan or on a bbq until golden on all sides. Serve immediately with the leftover satay sauce on the side for dipping.