Crumbed Tofu Fingers with Siracha Mayo
These delicious crunchy tofu fingers are a wonderful snack to serve with drinks. Irresistible with a squeeze of lemon and a punchy siracha mayo.
A big thanks to our friend, Kelly Gibney for creating this great recipe for us.
- 1 packet Bean Supreme Plain Firm Tofu
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cajun spice mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 free range eggs – lightly whisked
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup good quality mayonnaise
- Siracha hot sauce to taste
- Olive oil for frying
- To serve: lemon wedges
- Cut the block of tofu into 1 ½ cm wide fingers. Lay them out on a clean tea towel or some paper towels and blot really well.
- Mix the flour with the smoked paprika, Cajun spice and salt. Place this in a shallow bowl suitable for dipping. Place the egg and the breadcrumbs in their own bowls also.
- Roll each piece of tofu in the seasoned flour, dip in the egg and then coat well with breadcrumbs. Repeat until all the pieces are crumbed.
- Heat 1 1/2 cm of oil in a sauté pan over a medium heat.
- Cook the tofu fingers until golden on each side. Do this in batches of around 6 at a time – try not to crowd the pan.
- Mix together the mayonnaise and as much siracha as desired.
- Serve the hot tofu immediately with the mayo and some lemon wedges.