Wholefood Mince Loaded Kūmara
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 2 large orange kūmara or sweet potatoes, halved lengthways
- Olive oil
- 1 pack Bean Supreme Wholefood Mince
- 1 Tbsp Mexican seasoning
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels
- 2 truss tomatoes, diced
- 2 Tbsp diced red onion
- Pinch of chilli flakes (as desired)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Guacamole, fresh coriander and feta to serve
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius fan bake. Place the kūmara halves on a baking tray, then drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Use your hands to make sure the halves are evenly coated, then lay cut side down. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until tender.
- While the kūmara are baking, bring a frying pan to a medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Add the Bean Supreme Wholefood Mince and Mexican seasoning to the pan, and pan fry for 4-6 minutes. Stir occasionally with a wooden spoon to break up the mince, cooking until the mince is lightly golden in colour. Set aside.
- To make the corn salsa, combine the corn kernels, diced tomatoes, red onion, chilli flakes and lime juice in a bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Once the kūmara are cooked, gently lay skin side down on plates. Cut a cross into the kūmara flesh, then use a fork to lightly fluff and mash up the flesh.
- Top each baked kūmara with the cooked Bean Supreme Wholefood Mince, followed by the corn salsa. Garnish with guacamole, coriander leaves and feta as desired, then serve immediately and enjoy.