BBQ Jackfruit Cauliflower Pizza
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 1 x 500g bag frozen cauliflower florets or cauliflower rice
- 1 x egg (pre whisked in a small bowl with a fork
- 1 x tsp dried herbs
- 1-2 Tbsp hemp seeds (optional)
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 75g Mozzarella or Havarti cheese (grated)
- 25g Parmesan grated (hand grated from a block – not pre-grated)
- 1 ½ tsp table salt
- ½ pack Bean Supreme Barbecue Jackfruit 250g
- Tomato puree / tomato pizza sauce
- 150g Mozarella cheese or pizza blend cheese
- ½ red capsicum
- 4 x button mushrooms
- ¼ thinly sliced red onion
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line baking sheet with baking paper
- Defrost the cauliflower overnight in the fridge or defrost in the microwave until fully defrosted.
- If using whole florets put the cauliflower in a blender and blend until a fine chopped cauliflower rice is created
- Lay the cauliflower onto a clean tea towel and wrap into a ball. Squeeze the cauliflower inside the tea towel to drain out all the water. Keep squeezing until all the water stops dripping out. The drier you get the cauliflower the better your pizza base will turn out.
- Then lay the cauliflower onto the baking tray and bake in the oven for 7 minutes. You just want to cook the cauliflower through and remove the last of the water
- Remove cauliflower from oven and let cauliflower cool until cold then add to a large bowl along with all the other base ingredients. Mix together well until fully incorporated.
- Turn oven up to 200°C.
- Lay a fresh piece of baking paper onto the tray and spray lightly with cooking oil spray. Then place your pizza base into the middle. Using the back of a spoon press out the pizza base to form a round pizza shape. Don’t make the base too thin. Approx. 1cm thick will be best.
- Then place in the oven and bake the base for 15-20 minutes. Ensure to check the edges don’t start to burn.
- Once the base is cooked through remove from the oven and start building the pizza. Start with the tomato base, then mozzarella, then mushrooms and strips of capsicum and onion. Lastly place generous pieces of the Bean Supreme BBQ Jackfruit all over the pizza.
- Place back in the oven and bake for 5-7 minutes until the cheese is nicely melted and the jackfruit has gone a little bit crispy on the edges.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with fresh basil and serve!