Chilli Sin Carne
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 1 x 250g pack Bean Supreme Barbecue Jackfruit
- 1 large white onion
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp of chilli powder (can add extra if you like it extra spicy!)
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin ground
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp marmite (mixed with 2 Tbsp hot water)
- 400g chopped tinned tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano or mixed herbs
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 410g can red kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 x cubes dark chocolate (Optional)
- Fresh chopped coriander or parsley to garnish.
- Garlic bread, steamed rice or corn chips to serve
- Prepare your vegetables. Dice the onion. Cut the red capsicum in half lengthways, remove stalk and wash the seeds away, then chop into large chunks. Peel and finely chop garlic.
- Start cooking. Put your pan on the hob over a medium heat. Add 1 Tbl sp olive oil.
- Add the onion and cook for 3-5 minutes until onion is soft.
- Add red pepper, garlic, chilli powder, paprika, cumin. Stir together well and cook for further 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and marmite, cook and stir for further 1 minute until well mixed
- Add the tin of tomatoes, red kidney beans, dried herbs and salt. Stir well and cook until it comes to a simmer
- Add the Bean Supreme Jackfruit and stir through the sauce. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat then add the 2 cubes of dark chocolate. Stir through the sauce until melted. The chocolate adds a rich flavour and texture to the sauce.
- Sprinkle with fresh coriander or parsley. Now it’s ready to serve with your favourite side of either garlic bread, steamed rice or corn chips. Enjoy!