Caramelised Onion Bangers and Mash
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 1 Packet Bean Supreme Roasted Red Onion Sausages
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
Caramelised Red Onion
- 2 red onions – peeled and finely sliced
- 1½ Tbsp olive oil
- ½ Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp fresh thyme, chopped (optional)
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 500g starchy potatoes (e.g. Agria or Marabel), peeled and quartered
- 25g butter
- ½ cup milk
- 1 Tsp grated Dijon Mustard
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Ground white or black pepper
- 25g grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- In a bowl mix sliced onion, olive oil, sugar, balsamic, thyme (optional) and season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread over a baking tray and bake in oven for 35-40 minutes until onions are sticky and caramelised.
- In a medium saucepan, boil potatoes until cooked. Drain well and place back into pan. Roughly mash, then add butter, milk, mustard, salt and pepper. Mash again until smooth and creamy.
- In a fry pan on a medium heat with a little vegetable oil fry Bean Supreme Sausages as per packet instructions
- To serve, place a dollop of mashed potato on the plate, top with cooked Bean Supreme Roasted Red Onion Sausages and caramelised onion and sprinkle parmesan over the top.