Smokey Huevos Rancheros
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 1 packet Bean Supreme Gluten Free Roasted Garlic sausage
- 4 corn tortillas (gluten free)
- Olive oil for brushing tortillas
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, sliced into 1cm strips
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1-2 tsp raw sugar
- 1⁄2 -1 tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 free range eggs
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Feta to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Brush tortillas with olive oil and arrange on a rack over a baking tray. Bake till crisp and golden, 8-10 mins.
- Cook sausages in a small amount of olive oil in a fry pan over a medium heat for 12 – 15 minutes (turning frequently). Slice on an angle in half.
- Heat olive oil in a medium sized pot over a medium high heat. Add garlic, onion and red pepper and sauté until soft and starting to colour. Add bay leaf, chilli, cumin and smoked paprika. Fry for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and simmer until thick and saucy approx. 20 minutes. Add the salt, sugar and pepper. Add the 2 sliced sausages to the sauce. Adjust seasonings.
- Make 3 gaps in the sauce and break an egg into each one. Place lid on the pot and simmer until eggs are just set.
- Mix avocado, lime juice and part of the coriander.
- To serve, place crisp tortilla on a plate, top with ranchero sauce, egg and avocado & sliced sausages. Crumble feta and scatter coriander on top. Enjoy!