Crispy Baked Tofu Soldiers
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 1 x block Bean Supreme Plain Tofu Organic or Firm Style 300g
Crispy Breadcrumb coating
- 1 ½ Cups Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbl sp Olive Oil
- 2 ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp turmeric (ground)
- 2 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp Nutritional yeast flakes (optional)
Separate Coating Ingredients
- ½ Cup Corn starch
- 1 Cup Almond Milk
- Preheat your oven to 190°C.
- Cut tofu block into 5-6 slices. Lay onto a paper towel covered chopping board and place more paper towels on top of the tofu. Then lay another chopping board the same size on top and press down very firmly.
- Now take 3 bowls. In one bowl, combine all ingredients for the breadcrumb coating mixture and mix together really well. In another bowl, add the cornstarch. In the third bowl, the almond milk
- Take one tofu finger at a time, toss into the cornstarch first (make sure to knock off all extra bits of cornstarch we just want a thin even coating), then dip into the almond milk.
- Repeat this step (put back into the cornstarch, then into the almond milk), and finally coat with the breadcrumb mixture. Make sure to fully cover the tofu stick with the bread crumb mix and press the bread crumbs onto the tofu firmly so you get a nice and thick even coating of the crumb mix. That way when they are baked each stick will be golden and super crunchy!
- Repeat with all the tofu fingers, placing them on a lightly greased baking sheet in a single layer. Spray with a little cooking oil for more crispness, if desired.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until nice and golden and crunchy, flipping them halfway through baking.
- Once baked serve with srirarcha mayonnaise or any other favourite dipping sauce.