Vietnamese Tofu Turmeric Pancakes
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
For the pancakes:
- 1 cup rice flour
- ¾ can coconut milk (we love Chantal Organics)
- 1/4 cup iced water
- ½ tsp turmeric
- A pinch of salt
- sesame oil for frying (we love Olivado)
- 1 block organic tofu, sliced (we love Bean Supreme)
For the toppings:
- 1 head cos lettuce, shredded (we love The Fresh Grower)
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- A handful bean sprouts
- 1 red chili, thinly sliced
- A handful of fresh mint & coriander (we love Superb Herb)
- A handful roasted peanuts (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- Dumpling sauce (we love Lee Kum Kee)
- Combine all of the pancake ingredients and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large fry pan over a high heat, fry the tofu. 2 or 3 slices at a time in a little sesame oil until golden on both sides.
- Pour a ladle of batter around the tofu and continue to cook until the batter is cooked through.No flipping necessary. Transfer to a plate.
- On one half of the pancake, top with all of the toppings and a drizzle of sriracha and dumpling sauce. Fold in half and serve warm!